I am in denial right now that my baby is SIX months!! Goodness, that went by too fast! Which means the next 6 months will fly by even quicker :( I do admit that it's been a bit less painful this time around to watch James grow. I caused myself some serious grief as each month passed with Mia... so much so that I had a full blown anxiety attack on the day of her first birthday party. BAH! I have loved every minute of having James in our lives, and I know it will only get better as each month passes!
- James is rolling all over the place, and we've even caught him scooting a couple of times! I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be a newborn who stays curled in one spot all day still, not a mobile baby, ha ha!
- He hasn't mastered sitting up yet, but he wants to! To be fair... mom and dad haven't been practicing with him, like at all, but that's gonna change because he wants it so badly! When he's laying flat on his back, James is constantly lifting his head, shoulders, etc (which looks like he's trying to do a sit up) from the ground as he tries so hard to get into a sitting position, ha! He handles the bumbo like a pro so I think he'll catch on quick once we really start practicing sitting up!
- James is very alert and loves to be involved with everything going on around him. He's happiest when he can "people watch" and never wants to miss out (which has made nursing a joy).
- He has been SO interested in food the past couple of weeks (months, really!). I've been so tempted to give him bites of my food because he wants it soooo bad, but we were on vacation so I held out because the last thing I wanted was a baby with an upset belly on vacation! But when we were holding him during our meals last week, we had to give him a spoon to play with/suck on just to keep him happy since we weren't sharing the goods, ha ha!
- That being said, he had baby cereal for the first time last night and he LOVED it! I couldn't believe how quickly he caught on! He was a pro with swallowing and even grabbed on to the spoon to help shove it in his mouth :)
- James is finally getting more hair on his head! In fact, he has enough to get messed up, ha ha! The other day we took his hat off his head and we totally had to smooth down some crazy spots of hair! I'm getting excited to start styling his hair soon :)
- He still has not slept through the night. Each night I keep thinking, hoping, praying that this will be the night that we get to sleep allllll night....
- Poor baby HATES when daddy sneezes! Mia never like it either, but it really started bothering James in the last month! His face puckers up into the saddest (and cutest) pout, other times he bursts into tears and screams bloody murder, ha ha!
- James stuck his toes in the ocean for the first time just last week! He had no reaction the first time, he was probably in shock, but the second time he let us know he wasn't a fan of the cold water, ha ha! I'm itching to go down to Mexico to enjoy the warm ocean water now :)
- Mia and James seriously have the sweetest sibling bond! They have loved each other from day 1 but it just melts my heart to watch them interact these days! He is all smiles and belly laughs for his sister!! It's only gonna get better from here on out... and I'm willing to bed they won't fight a day in their lives ;) HA!
- James is officially wearing 6 month and 6-9 month clothing. His size still blows our minds! Mia wasn't wearing 6 month clothing until she was 12 months, ha ha! She was so tiny and he's so big, and continues growing right before our eyes! I take him in for his 6 month check up next week to see how much he weighs, but at 5 months he was over 17 pounds!
- He's wearing size 3 diapers.
If I could use one word to describe my boy, it would be HAPPY! James is so darn happy and it just melts my heart! His smile is so contagious! It doesn't matter how rotten your day is... one look at his smiling face and all is right in the world again! I count my blessings daily that I was chosen to be his momma!