This is Mia's mischevious laugh face... can you imagine the sound coming out of her?! It's our favorite laugh, ha ha!- Mia's vocabulary continues to explode as she tries to copy almost everything we say, and is adding more and more words in her sentences. Just yesterday I exclaimed, "Oh my gosh!" and Mia instantly copied, "ohmGOSH!" ha ha. It sounds so funny hearing that come out of her little mouth! At least it's not profanity! Yet. It's bound to happen at some point, right? Probably during a silent moment at church... ha ha!
- The new words I remembered to record this month are: "catch", "elphant" (elephant), "church", "apart", "fast", "Elmo", "Amememe" (Amy), "wa-yet" (wallet), "money?", "pa-pas" (pasta), "panpake" (pancake), "pink", "orange", "'ot chocite" (hot chocolate), "ganket" (blanket), "strawberry", "syrp" (syrup), "paper", "po-porn" (popcorn), "fish", "prayer". As you can see, we've been learning lots of food and names :)
- Mia can officially open all the doors in our house, except for the front door and the back door leading to the "yard" Thank heavens she hasn't mastered those yet because she can turn the locks, including the dead bolts!
- She now calls me "mommy" instead of "momma" as well as the occasional "Mourney" ha ha! I think she calls me mommy because momma is so similar to how she says grandma- "mramma". I love hearing her little voice call for mommy :)
- Mia has climbed out of her crib once. Goodness, that was quite the shock when I heard her trying to twist her doorknob (before she mastered opening the doors)... I didn't even hear a thump beforehand! Luckily she hasn't tried climbing out since, phew! But she has climbed out of the pack n play multiple times are my parents house... nap time sure is an adventure for them when I work, ha ha!
- She can make the animal sounds for a cow, dog, cat, owl, horse, monkey, lion/tiger/bear and snake. Eric taught her to scrunch her little nose to look like a bunny, ha ha.
- My favorite thing is Mia's new bedtime routine now that think binky is gone. She loves sit on my lap in the rocking chair, with a blanket over her! She picks one book to read, asks for a "song?", then a second song, then "prayer".... then I lay her in bed and she asks for "doggie" and "bear" to cuddle with, "ganget" and I layer two blankets on top, and last her "taggie" snuggled against her face. For the last week she's been telling me, "I luh 'ou much! Door?" as I close the door. Melt my momma heart!
- Mia goes pee in the potty every single night before bath, but other than that, we don't put her on the potty unless she asks for it. Some days she doesn't ask at all, other days she asks every 10 minutes. I thought about pushing potty training this month until I found out we were moving. I think I'll wait until we are settled in Arizona so that she doesn't regress... just in case!
- She still wears all sizes of clothes. 6-9 month, 12 month, 18 month and 2T. Size 5 shoes.
- Even though she still totally fits in size 4 diapers, we put her in size 5 because she drinks so much.
Mia is so much fun and the sweetest little thing! Just yesterday Eric and I listened as Mia laid in bed for her nap, cuddling her doggie, bear and baby (doll) and sang to them until she fell asleep. Does it get any sweeter?! We think not!