Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Vegas {a "babymoon"}

Don't ask me why this lion was at a car show... but Eric was so excited to take a picture with it :)

Eric had been talking about going shopping in Vegas for the past couple months and we finally made plans to go! Of course Eric's work interfered with our plans and at first I was super upset, but then things ended up working out better than ever! Luckily we were able to reschedule our reservations with the hotel (which were non-refundable. I'm so thankful they were willing to work with us!) and I found out that Eric's favorite car show/auction was going to be in Vegas the same time we were. I bought tickets and surprised Eric with them when we got into Vegas. It was the best surprise ever... he was totally shocked!
We spent our first day in Vegas shopping, swimming, and stuffing our faces. We may have been in a food coma by the end of the night :) We ate at the Sugar Factory (amazing!) and Cheesecake Factory. We couldn't decide between 2 cheesecakes so we got them both.... and Eric blamed it all on his pregnant wife. At least I'm good for something, ha ha!
The next day we got up first thing in the morning and headed to the car show. Eric was in heaven! We checked out all the muscle cars and hot rods (seriously, we checked out every. single. car.) and then we went outside where we got to go for a ride in mustangs driven by professional race car drivers. It was so fun! And then we got to go sit in on the auction (we went to this same event 4 years ago but we weren't able to go to the auction) and Eric was a little giddy about this :) He always watches it on TV so it was an awesome experience for him to actually be in the room!
We had the best time together! This Vegas trip was the perfect mini getaway... just what we needed!

P.S. I'm still trying to fix the glitches with my blog. I need your input... are you still having trouble loading my blog or is it working better for you now?
P.P.S. I'm still totally shocked and flattered that I got to guest post on Janna's blog... so if you guys could go check that out I would LOVE it! You will fall in love with the girl just as much as I did ;)

32 comments:

Carlie said...

That's so nice you were able to have a baby moon! And that truck Eric is standing next to is huge! I'm still having problems getting your blog to open on a computer, but not my phone :)

Chelsea said...

It's working for me! How fun!!! I love that pink car too!

Jessica M. said...

Isn't great to be able to surprise someone without then suspecting anything? Sounds like such a great "babymoon"!

I just read your guest post and I loved it! Marriage has always been something I wanted to experience and I can't for the day I say "I Do" to someone for the rest of my life. :)

P!nky said...

I'm going to vegas next month and MUST know where you got that french toast!

YOu look wonderful, you adorable prego lady you!

xoxo

Alicia Marie said...

What a fun trip! I looooove Vegas, and if I could go all the time I would! And seriously, I want that piece of cake in your picture, not fair! :P

Janna Renee said...

Your blog loaded just fine for me! It looks like y'all had a ton of fun, and that is definitely a good surprise! I just want that Cheesecake Factory...It's one of my faves!! Love you!!!

Christy said...

sounds like fun! And your blog loaded fine for me.

Andrea said...

Oooh La LA!! That cake!! Babymoons are ahmazeing!! We went to Arizona for ours and it was so so fun!
Your blog loaded super fast for me, yay!

Lauren said...

How much fun, those desserts look so amazing!!! :-)

Lauren said...

Yay! I'm so glad your blog is fixed because I couldn't even access it from my phone or computer! I was having Courtney withdraws! Looks like you guys had so much fun! :)

xo

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

You're such a good little wife.

I want my picture with a lion. I DO.

Katrin said...

Glad you had such a fun trip! Courtney, you are soooo adorable! And you will be the perfect mommy! Love your pictures!
And no, I have no trouble loading your blog!

Rebecca said...

sounds like a great trip and that cheesecake looks amazing!

Lauren {at} Life.Love.Lauren said...

Yay for a babymoon and yay for those desserts! They look amazing!!!

Dee Stephens said...

You look cute! Hate Vegas after living there for 3-years but love the idea of a Babymoon!! WOOT

Unknown said...

thank you for putting the first pic of food!! yummm!!!! those waffles look so good right now.

you are a much nicer wife than me. haha. i would totally not go with my hubby to that show. he would be in car heaven for sure, but i have a hard time pretending i like cars for him. :)

Jessie said...

So happy for you that you got to go to Vegas for a babymoon and car show! You get the 5 star wife award!

dlpower said...

everything seems to be working right now so that's good news. How fun to go on a babymoon. I hope we get to go on one soon. We are doing a quick trip to CA but i am hoping we can pull in one Bed and Breakfast stay before she comes.

Haley said...

Yay for babymoons! Sounds like a perfect one :) And what an awesome wife you are! What a fun surprise for Eric to go to that car show, and catch the auction! You and your bump by that fabulous pink car is ADORABLE. :)

xo
Haley

PS - absolutely loved that guest post! you have a beautiful marriage. and you are going to fall even more in love with your hubs when you see him with your baby girl. :)

That Girl said...

It sounds like the work issue was a blessing in disguise.

Rach said...

Visiting from Janna's blog... loved your post! :) So glad you got to go on the babymoon! How exciting! :)

kyna... said...

Hooray for baby moons! Matt and I took one and it was one of my best memories with him ever! Something special about "one last trip together" before a life changing event! :-)
♥ Kyna

RadiantKristen said...

Those desserts... oh my word those look incredible! Oh, and you and the baby girl would look adorable riding around town in a pink convertible. All you need are huge sunglasses, and pink scarves!

Kell said...

Your blog is working so much better now! No freezing at all :)
I'm pretty sure the best mini vacations always involve lots of food. It has to be a rule somewhere. At least you get the pregnancy excuse for getting two cheesecakes! I just get to hang my head in fatty shame.

Julie said...

I thought that looked like Cheesecake Factory...yum!

chantal marie said...

the blog worked great for me! i think u fixed it!! yay! glad you had a nice babymoon :)

Chris and Sarah said...

It's finally working for me again with no probs at all!!!
I have a lot of catching up to do! :-)

Alexis Kaye said...

your blog is finally working for me! :) YAYY!!!! And this sounds like an awesome babymoon! We still haven't decided what we're doing for ours!!!!

Alyx said...

I never heard of a "babymoon" till I started blogging, but I have to admit - it's an idea I'm totally down with! Yours looks like it was a great time!

Shay said...

Yay for babymoons- we didn't get one:-( My parents were totally at Barrett Jackson- my dad hauls high end cars and got to be on stage!

Anonymous said...

AH! I watch Barrett-Jackson with my dad! I love it! It's really cool to see all of the classic cars & to see how high the bids are! I would love to be able to go there one day.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That looks and sounds like it was a great mini getaway!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!