Friday, September 7, 2012

it FINALLY happened...

Coolers = tables. Gotta have our card games while camping :)
I don't even know how this happened... but I like it :)
I spy a deer's bum...
Wow. Nothing irritates me quicker than this dumb "smile" Eric pulls. I should have known better than to take a picture while we were waiting for our food... he was starving and ornery :)
But the food was delicious! So worth the wait.

Eric finally took me camping!! Or maybe I made plans to go camping and told him if he valued his life then he had no choice but to follow through with these plans. Whatever. All that matters is that we finally went camping!! It only took 4+ years of marriage :)

Things I loved about our camping trip: Our cute little "home". I couldn't wait for bed time so that we could go snuggle up under the sleeping bags that I zipped together. And we were actually going to sleep in a tent because we were finally camping, ha ha!
The camp fire. I love the sound of the crackling fire and the smell of it. 
The junk food! I was ready to buy out all the junk food in WalMart but Eric told me no because we were only going for 1 night. That was heartbreaking! I mean, camping is the best excuse to buy treats I never allow myself to buy.
The wildlife. Actually, I only loved the deer. We saw SO many deer and their babies. Precious little things made my day!
4 wheeling. Need I say more?
Our friends! Love Ashley and Austin!

Things I hated about our camping trip: Sleeping. I was so excited for bed time and once it rolled around? I couldn't sleep at all! Eric took ear plugs and slept like a baby. Guess I know what I'm taking next time...
4 wheeling for 5 hours. Need I say more? (Actually, it wasn't bad during the ride. It was how I felt the next day. Sore back, sore legs, sun burnt arms.... all that fun stuff! But baby girl was a champ through it all, ha!)
Peeing. Guys have it so easy.
The camp fire. Ash in my hair and smoke in my eyes... awesome.
Things I learned on our camping trip: I suck at roasting marshmallow's. Who knew you could even suck at that? Proof that Eric needs to take me camping more.
I also suck at taking pictures of deer when I have a helmet and goggles on. Better to be safe than sorry while 4 wheeling I guess :)
If I take the time to pack sun screen, I need to take the time to actually put it on. I'm still suffering from my sunburns!
I need to add squats into my daily workout :)
Sleeping in a trailer is much more comfortable than sleeping in a tent while pregnant! So basically we need to get rich fast and buy a trailer, ha ha!

I really did have the funnest time camping! I can't wait to go again... cross your fingers for me that it doesn't take us another 4+ years to go :)

29 comments:

Carlie said...

I haven't been camping with Seth yet! This makes me want to go! And I think I need to move above 8,000 feet so I can eat sundaes all day long!

Erin said...

Great pictures girl, glad you enjoyed (most) of it!!! :) I love that sign about the ice cream, that is too funny!!!!

And yes, roasting marshmallow's is DEFINITELY an art form. I've gotta say, I'm pretty good at it ;)

Jenna Grace said...

Love camping! I always manage to get burnt no matter where we go or how much sunscreen I apply. Rest & heal up! That food looks yummy!!

Holly said...

I totally love that sign on the burger barn....I wish that were true below 8000 feet lol :) Glad you had a good time!!

Amanda said...

I LOVE camping! Why couldn't you sleep??? Was it too quiet?

And it took me a long time to learn how to roast marshmallows well, so don't you worry.

ajs {of MN} said...

what a fun and cute little trip! glad you had fun and it was all you ever wanted it to be, peeing in the woods while preggo THAT would not be cool!
p.s. it's CRAZY how much your hubby resembles a friend of ours! i MUST show you a pic!

Karina Marie Powell said...

You go girl! camping while pregnant!! I'm so impressed! xoxo

Miss Amy said...

I love the rules on calories over 8000 feet! haha!

Laura Joyce Leavitt said...

Looks so fun! Glad you finally went!

Laura Joyce Leavitt said...

Looks so fun! Glad you finally went!

Ashley said...

Oh boy do I want to roast some marshmallows! That sounds delicious. You just need a few more camping trips and you'll be roasting them like a pro. (:

You're such an adventurous pregnant woman! I'm not sure I'd want to go camping while pregnant... and the peeing situation is my least favorite part of camping!

m&msmommy said...

Great pics!!! I LOVE the one about the calories...if only it were true! ;)

You look super cute! (I Love your gray dress in your last update!)

Have a great weekend!

Katrin said...

Love the pictures! Camping is so much fun! But I always wake up at 4:30 in the morning. :)

Erin said...

Haha that sign is hilarious! Can that be a rule for whatever altitude level I'm at at all times? Please?

I didn't have a s'more all summer, this is super depressing. I make mine with Reese's PBC. SO FLIIPIN GOOD!

Kim Bird said...

I loved this post. Camping is always so much fun! glad you had such a great time!

Kendra L. said...

Haha, that sign for chocolate sundaes is awesome! How fun. We went camping together for the first time when I was 19 weeks pregnant. No sleeping mats. Worst night of "sleep" ever! Woke up owie all over and it didn't help that I was still puking my guts out regularly.

Ashley said...

That food looks amazing!! In the almost ten years that hubby and I have been together we have never been camping! Crazy, huh?! I grew up camping and love it but now with two kids I am kinda scared to do it. :)

from head 2 toe said...

I hate camping. I could do a whole post on it. HAHA But, glad you had fun!

Brittany said...

You are a trooper, little momma! You'll always have stories to tell Baby Girl of her first camping trip :). I love that ice cream sign...too cute! And those sweet potato fries seriously just made my tummy growl....YUM!

Amanda Wissmann said...

Ummmm.. You went camping WHILE PREGNANT?!??! It's pfficial...You're my hero!

This looks like SO. MUCH.FUN! I absolutely LOVE camping and went for the first time in 2010 on the beach, then again this January in the Jungle. FUN FUN FUN despite the sand (beach) and bugs (jungle). too much fun to be had to worry about the little things!

Anonymous said...

i love to camp!!!!!!

Amanda C. said...

Camping is so much fun, but I haven't been in forever. Maybe once it cools off here. I can't imagine sleeping in a tent right now it's still 100 degrees.

That Girl said...

I love camping! And in my opinion, the only way to camp is in a tent!

Laynah said...

You are so dang cute. Glad you finally got your camping trip!

Alyx said...

YAY!!! Glad you got to finally go camping! That's one of our favorite things to do. We didn't get the chance this summer, though, which really stinks!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like it was fun!!! I suck at roasting marshmellows.

Andrea {kerubo mama} said...

We LOVE camping!! There's something so awesome about being out in the wild. You rock for camping with your preggo self, and tenting, at that!! The last time we camped we borrowed my hubs' parents trailer, it was AWESOME. So that's the trick...get chummy with some rich friends and just borrow their stuff. Works every time ;) haha xoxo

Leigh said...

Looks like you guys had fun camping! I don't mind camping as long as it's warm, sunny and for a short period of time :)

RadiantKristen said...

Sounds like a fantastic time! Hope Eric takes you again soon, next time with a little one in tow =).

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!