Monday, November 28, 2011

our Thanksgiving

We spent Thanksgiving in Colorado (yep, we were just there 2 weeks ago) with my sweet grandma. It was a small get together with my grandma, parents, and brother and sis in law, but it was a good one! Our meal was catered (haha it's true! My grandma knew she wasn't up for making the meal and didn't want us to cook after traveling) but it was delicious! I'm convinced it was even more enjoyable because we weren't slaving away in the kitchen all day long. I really don't love cooking for hours on end :)


Thanksgiving is the perfect day to reflect on all the blessing in my life. I truly do have SO much to be thankful for! Here are just a few that come to mind:
The love of my Heavenly Father. I would not be able to enjoy any of these blessings to the fullest if I did not believe in Him.

My husband. The man can drive me bonkers, but he also knows how to love me perfectly.
My family. I'm so lucky that I have a great relationship with them! (In case you're wondering, that includes my in laws. I believe that we are all just one big family now!)
Our jobs. Eric's job has been affected big time from the dump of our economy, we know what it's like to go with out. We'll never take a job for granted again!
My friends. I have the best friends!
The sunshine. It makes me a happier girl :)
The little community we live in. The winters are hard for me, but I've made so many friends here that I think I might survive this winter. Perhaps I'll even have a smile on my face through it all!
The blogging world. It's true! What an amazing place to find inspiration, meet amazing bloggers, and connect with people on so many different levels. Blogging has turned out to be my favorite hobby :)

I hope you all had a perfect Thanksgiving with your loved ones!

30 comments:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

What a cute picture! You two look so great together.

Our Little Bubble said...

Cute pic! I too love blogging and I'm a BIG fan of sunshine :) have a lovely Monday!

... said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend! :) Yay for blogging! :)

Liz Taylor said...

Aw so many things to be thankful for <3 Love the picture of you two and adore your hair style!

Pamela said...

Love the picture! Such a beautiful couple. I am thankful for blogging too! Thankful I have 'met' some wonderful people, like you! Glad I joined this little world in January :)

Stephanie and Such said...

I am thankful for the blogging world too! It's crazy how many people you can " meet" and "bond" with!

I have only driven through Colorado, but it was so pretty it reminded me of Seattle!

BTW its okay your meal was catered, two years in a row we went to Marie Calenders. Haha.

Sarah said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Having it catered does sound nice....it's always bothered me that it takes a day to cook all the food and then maybe an hour to eat it all.

Emma Frances said...

What a perfect weekend! :) And a perfect list of things you are grateful for! I love this! And I love that in-laws just make the family bigger!!

Suget said...

That is so cool. Happy belated Thanksgiving...

Carlie said...

What a great Thanksgiving list! That was smart of your grandma to get the meal catered!

Shannon @ Bungalow960 said...

Love your list! I am also thankful for the blogging community. What a great way to connect with people all over the globe over shared interests.

Tami said...

That's awesome that you had the meal catered. Cooking can be so stressful so I'm sure it was amazing! I love your list of things you are thankful for. It's so important to remember how blessed we are. :)

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Love your list! :)

Miss Amy said...

The sunshine makes me a happier girl too!!! It's chilly today but the sun is brightly shining in my windows. Makes me smile even at work. ;) Happy Thanksgiving chica!

Rolled Up Pretty said...

CUTE PICTURE! Such a cute couple!!! And yay for catered meals, they are the BEST!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Do you know how THANKFUL I am for YOU? You are just the sweetest. :) I love that you had a HAPPY Thanksgiving with your sweet family and a very easy no stress meal. :) You two look adorable...and I've said it before, but I am LOVING the bangs.

Alexis Kaye said...

you're such a cute girl! :) I love that you guys had it catered too!

from head 2 toe said...

Very nice post! Maybe I should've catered dinner? ha ha

Lauren said...

You guys look so cute! :) I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! <3
xo

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful post! You are always so authentic! Sunshine makes me happy too. :)

Melanie said...

OMGoodness...I have missed you sweet friend! I have been going bonkers, so glad to be back! I love your list, & I LOVE your beautiful BEAUTIFUL heart. Can't wait to catch up my dear! Muah....!

Maria said...

beautiful picture. beautiful couple! ahh, colorado...it's on my list of places i want to visit.
sounds like the perfect thanksgiving! glad you had a happy one!

i LOVE your hair!!!

and i love your wish list below!!
brad paisley, those awesome coats...oh yea!

happy tuesday!
xoxoxo
maria <3

Chase + Destiny said...

you two are adorable. So glad you had a great thanksgiving.

Liesl said...

How super cute and what a cute outfit! Lovely post of thankful goodies...love that!

Liesl :)

Shelley said...

you are very blessed!!

oomph. said...

glad you enjoyed. every year we considered ordering our food...but in the end we always cook!

[oomph.]
What's the next line? Help write the story!

Marian said...

What a great list!! And one can never spend too much time in Colorado!! One of my favorite places

Shay said...

Great picture, GREAT list and catered Thanksgiving? Sign me up!

Lauryn said...

Great post! Even through the hard times and the struggles we all go through there is plenty to be thankful for :) I hope you guys had a great holiday!

The Presutti's said...

So many great things to be thankful for! :)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!