Thursday, April 21, 2016

a place after my own heart

 I couldn't resist :)

Our last and final stop on our California vacation was Legoland! This has been on Eric's bucket list since Mia was born, and it did not disappoint! The only thing we wish we could have changed was the crowds, ha! That's what we get for going during spring break! Legoland was sooooo cute! I wish we lived nearby; I would totally get a membership! This park has everything a kid could want: rides, splash pads, park/play areas, lego building areas and a water park!
Funny story- there was one ride we wanted Mia to go on, but they only let children 4 years of age and older ride it. So being the responsible parents that we are, we told Mia she was 4 for the day! Mia more than owned her new age... every stranger that looked her way she proudly told them she was "four now!" while holding up four fingers! In fact, it took us a couple days to bribe her to be 3 again... ha! So never lie to your kids about their age. It's harder to undo than you'd think :)
We left Legoland early because we couldn't resist a stop at the beach while we were so close! We weren't prepared with swimwear or towels but that's okay, Mia was totally content to run around on the beach and watch her cousins brave the icy water! We celebrated my nephews birthday with cake while we were at it... that's my kind of beach time ;) ha ha! It was so fun to spend a bit of time at the ocean with the Brinkerhoff family! This was James' first time touching the ocean... the first time I think he was too shocked to react but when the second wave rolled in? He let us know he was NOT a fan of the cold water, ha!
Good and "rough" memories were made during this trip (as with any vacation, I'm sure! Especially when you travel with children and hangry husbands ;)) but it was worth all the effort and every penny to experience this with the whole family! I'm still feelin' "blue" knowing we won't be going back any time soon. Thank heavens for a million photos to look back on anytime we want to reminisce :)

Mia's bow c/o Teeny Bow Nation
James' very first time touching the ocean!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

It looks like it was a great end to an awesome trip!

BLovedBoston said...

My sister and the kids went to legoland on the east coast and had a great time too!! I love that you guys ended the trip this way! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Such a great trip! We have Legoland here in FL but I've never been! I bet it's so cool though! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Erin LFF said...

So fun!! Jared is already dreaming of making it out to Legoland one day hehe!

According to Kiki said...

Ugg. this makes me need a vacation. haha I have been enjoying your snaps! (:

Mandie said...

I want to go to Legoland.

I love the picture of Mia on the beach, she looks so happy. :)

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

lol about her age. Aria turns 3 so that means she needs a DW ticket. But we weren't sure if we were renewing our passes so we didn't want to get her one that would go to waste. So I never taught her to say how old she was. Now that she can be a legit 3...I can't get her to say her age at all lol.

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

Your kids are so cute!! I'm going to check out the Teeny Bow Nation now. And that story about Mia's age is hilarious!

Kayla said...

What a fun trip!! You're making me vacation hungry with all of these posts! ;)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!