- James weighed in at a whopping 15 lbs 14 oz at his 4 month check up. I called it!! I knew my chunky boy had to weigh at least 15 pounds! I still can't get over how opposite he and my tiny Mia baby bodies are!
- He started grabbing his toes right around the 4 month mark! Of course now he has mastered sucking on his toes. Boy does he go to town on his little toesies, ha ha! I don't blame him! You won't find me sucking on his toes, but I can't NOT kiss them whenever I get the chance! Baby feet are the best!
- I assumed that with his love of pacifiers and sucking on anything that makes it to his mouth, that James would have no problem taking a bottle. Well, I was wrong. Eric tried giving him the bottle once and James was not having it! It's time to start training the boy so that I can have some freedom! We received the Minbie bottle and I can't wait to see if it does the trick to get James to take a bottle!
- James fake coughs and it's the cutest :) Because isn't everything the cutest when he does it?! HA!
- He had his first cold. Thankfully it cleared up in just a few days and he never got too congested. I was a nervous wreck with it being sick/RSV season! This winter was the worst ever with Mia... she was sick every other week with croup, fevers, congestion, etc. Thankfully James has only had the one cold and it never developed into something more severe.
- At his 4 month check up, the doctor asked if James was flipping from his belly to his back. My sweet boy who started doing that daily at just 1 week old STOPPED doing it when he had his crazy growth spurts which resulted in rolls and a huge head. Lazy boy just gave up when he was on his belly and laid there until he fell asleep, or I turned him back over, ha ha! BUT! He was flipping from his back to his belly! The doctor informed me that that was a 6 month milestone (which made me cringe- stop growing so fast, James!) and instructed me to start nudging him on his belly so that he could get the feel for flipping onto his back. Of course I didn't do it because I knew he would figure it out in due time. Mia hit all the milestones early and of course we were proud parents! This time around I'm okay with him taking his sweet time (depending on the milestone, of course!) because I know how quickly time flies. And I'm not ready for a mobile baby.... well! Ready or not! James figured it out just 2 days later and now he rolls 360 all over the place. Dang baby!
- James is still wearing some 0-3 month clothes (depending on the brand) and 3-6 month clothes, but those are starting to fit a little small! Perfect timing since that's his winter wardrobe and we have definitely moved on to
- He's in size 2 diapers but judging by the blowouts he's been gifting me with the past few days, we will be moving up to size 3 shortly!
We have the happiest baby ever! Just this last Sunday at church someone described him perfectly, "he's just in a constant state of bliss!" Yes, yes he is! We love our happy James!