Outfit c/o Osh Kosh
- James is such a happy baby! He smiles all. the. time. We can't get enough of him!
- He's really testing out his voice these days with LOTS of squealing. It really is the cutest thing! His coo's are still my favorite though. Along with the squealing comes an awful scream when he's really upset though. It's kind of heart breaking and sounds like he's in a lot of pain. It's not his normal cry though so I suspect the screaming comes along with the exploration of his voice.
- We get belly laughs out of him (the BEST!) but mainly during bath time. I suspect it's a combination of being freshly fed and totally relaxed in the tub because we receive belly laughs almost every night during bath time now. Goodness, these are the moments we live for!
- James has rolled from his back to his belly 3 times now... and I've missed it all 3 times, BAH! Second child problems, ha! The first time I found him on his belly I asked Mia if she flipped him over. "No, you did!" She usually fesses up when she's been messing with James so when she innocently denied it a second time, I knew he rolled himself over! I was so bummed! I put him down on the play mat later that day (January 23rd) and he did it a second time! I sent Eric a text telling him just how bummed I was that he rolled twice and I managed to miss it both times :( His reply? "He'll do it again." Ha! Thanks, babe. Then yesterday (January 28th) he fell asleep on the play mat (that thing is a great babysitter, ha!) on his side. He started fussing and rolled onto his back. Just a few seconds later his cry sounded muffled and I looked over and discovered that I missed him rolling onto his belly (by seconds!) for the third dang time. Ugh. One of these days I'll catch it, right?!
- He still adores his sister, loves to play with daddy and snuggles anyone who holds him... but we still think he's a momma's boy and I absolutely love it! (I love that he's the perfect mix of momma's boy but loving anyone who is willing to hold him as well!)
- This kid still isn't sleeping through the night, not even close! Maybe once every week or two he will wake up once in the night (he did gift me with only one wake up call for my birthday! bless him!) but he's really up twice in the night... and big sister is up shortly after his second feeding so I am still struggling with sleep deprivation. Naps are a must to keep me going! I am curious to see if he sleeps longer when we start feeding him food because I'm convinced he can't make it through the night without his feedings because of how quickly he's growing. This boy is a tank!
- I take him in for his 4 month check up next week and I'm dying to see how much he weighs. I am betting he's over 15 pounds now. It still blows our minds with how big and full of rolls he is! So different than Mia!
- James was blessed the beginning of January and it was such a sweet day!
- We still don't know who he looks like. It's so funny how Mia was/is a spitting image of Eric, but James looks so different! He makes certain expressions that are Mia to the t... but it's time to bust out our baby photos to compare and find similarities!
- He fits in a couple 0-3 month outfits but mainly wears 3-6 month clothing.
- I'm in total denial with how big he is and if you were to ask me what size diapers he wears, I would tell you size 1. But he's been in size 2 diapers for weeks now, ha! (Denial, sleep deprivation, losing my mommy mind... we could blame it on any one of those!
Best gift ever would be an understatement. Life with 2 kids is pure chaos, but the happiest kind! I feel so blessed to be James' mom! I'm currently snuggling my sleeping boy while I type this up, doing my best to savor these sweet, fleeting moments. We are so grateful to have James in our family!!