- I kept thinking it was Monday, so imagine my excitement when I realized late afternoon that it was Friday- YAY! Eric was able to get away from work earlier than normal so we celebrated with a family movie night! Mia chose Kung Fu Panda... we only made it through the first half hour before bed time... but it was enough to inspire Mia to try karate chopping anyone that came in sight. Oops! Gotta hide that movie until she's a little older, ha ha!
- Saturday was one of the laziest days ever and Eric totally appreciated the recovery time! I did make it to spin and stopped at the grocery store... but the rest of the day was spent napping and watching shows!
- That night I was able to cross something off my 30 before 30 list, I went to a concert with my other (girl) half, Courtney! It was a little toasty since the venue was an outdoor pavilion in Phoenix but we still had the best time! Sam Hunt, Hunter Hayes and Lady A performed... and now I'm DYING to go to another concert. I have a loooooong list of people I want to see, ha ha! Side note: Eric and I actually saw Lady A in concert years ago in my hometown in southern Utah. It was literally just a few months before their career really took off- there's no way they'd waste their time with going back to perform there again :) Too bad Eric pulled the tired card and didn't want to go with me to this concert so that we could reminisce about our early marriage days and how far we've come ;) But it was so great having a girls night while Eric and Mia got their own time together!
- Sunday was yet again another lazy day. And this time I was the one who needed it since I kept my pregnant butt out until 1am the night before. Why yes, I'm STILL trying to recover from that... third trimester exhaustion is no joke! Other than going to church, we spent our day laying around and relaxing!
- Monday was a busy day! We fit in a lot of work and a lot of play! While I was out running errands with Mia, Eric cleaned the bathrooms and our vehicles- bless him!! Mia went down for an early nap while I worked on laundry/cleaning, it's amazing how much gets done around the house with an extra set of helping hands... that aren't toddler hands ;)
- When Mia woke from her nap we ate lunch then headed out on an adventure! We stopped at Harley Davidson to pick up Eric's belated Father's Day gift... a wallet :) I'm not that good of a wife to get him a motorcycle, yet, ha ha! Although it's definitely coming and I can't say that I'm overly excited about the idea. We stopped at the mall for some window shopping then headed to the movies! We really wanted to take Mia to the minion movie but since it just came out, we decided to watch Inside Out instead, to avoid the crowds. Mia was SO excited to see a show and she did great in the theater! Of course when we told her we were going to get some popcorn she informed us that she wanted, "po-porn and a SODA!" We seriously couldn't believe our ears... that may be normal for another toddler to request soda, but we didn't realize she knew what that was! The past 2 weeks of traveling before this spoiled the crap out of Mia as she got soda in Mexico when we went out to eat (for obvious reasons we didn't drink the water) and then she was treated to more in Utah. We didn't indulge in soda but she didn't mind ;) We ended the night with dinner then headed home as quickly as we could since we were all exhausted!
Not the best quality, but when your picture hating husband SUGGESTS taking this photo- you post it! (I know you're all as shocked as I am, ha ha!)Three day weekends are the best and we could use a million more of those in our future, ha ha! We had the perfect amount of relaxing (and recouping) time, and LOVED the fun times! I'm so thankful I get to share these simple moments and adventures with Eric and Mia, my favorite people!!