- Friday night ended on a good note when Eric came home from work a little bit early to take his girls to Dairy Queen! I'd been craving a blizzard for 2 weeks so that totally hit the spot! Great start to our weekend!
- We were supposed to have some major storming all weekend long so I thought Saturday morning would be the perfect time to go enjoy the "snow day" at the Phoenix zoo. I thought the storms would bring a nice cool down... I was wrong! The storms didn't roll in until that afternoon so it was 100 (
million) degrees that morning with 80% humidity. Freakin' miserable! But Mia had a lot of fun (along with the rest of Phoenix... I still have the small town mindset and didn't realize that the whole city would know about this event and show up as well, ha!)
- We went to lunch at the Old Spaghetti factory and were lucky enough to sit up in their little train section. Mia kept looking out her "window" and getting so excited when we were still "eatin' in the TRAIN!" ha ha!
- After lunch we went home and enjoyed a family nap- the best! The heat really sucked the life out of us that morning, ha ha! My nap was cut short due to the fierce nature of a short monsoon storm that ripped through our neighborhood. How Mia and Eric slept through it, I'll never know! When Eric woke up he was staring out the window into our backyard when I told him, "you missed the craziest storm during your nap!" His reply? "I know, it knocked the tree down!" (pictured below) I was shocked! The storm was no longer than 20 minutes but it brought a lot of damage in that short time. Welcome to Arizona monsoon season, ha!
- Sunday was a relaxing day of church and taking it easy at home.
- Monday was another fun day! We started out at the pool and soaked up spending that time together! Mia loved having both mommy and daddy to take her down the slides and swim with!
- After nap time we met up with friends to see the Minion movie! Call me old fashioned or lame, but I was not impressed! I totally didn't think this movie was very kid friendly. Thank goodness Mia is just young enough that most of the humor and gestures went over her head. It's not a movie we will be seeing again! (Seriously, why do they do that to kids movies?! Save it for the adults and quit advertising it for children!) We ended the night with dinner and Cold Stone. Bless that sweet husband of mine for indulging in my ice cream cravings and helping my back side to grow as big as my front side (baby bump) ha ha!
Thursday, July 23, 2015
playing catch up
Between sharing our Utah recap a couple weeks late, and now our weekend highlights a few days late (but hey, at least tomorrow is Friday, yay!) I'm totally on top of getting these blog posts out on time, ha ha!
Posted by Courtney B at 6:00 AM