- Mia talks soooo much! It's so fun (and a little scary, ha!) to hear what comes out of her mouth! I've stopped jotting down new words she says (because she can say pretty much anything now, especially when she's repeating what comes out of our mouths) and I'm going to keep track of the funny things she says and record those! You can see the first of those posts here.
- She is finally interested in learning her colors! She knows how to say all the colors, but matching the word to the actual color has been a challenge. Lately she is guessing the colors of EVERYTHING and she's really starting to match the word to the color, yay! Orange is still her favorite color to talk about.
- I love to listen to Mia count. She used to count to 3 by saying, "two, three, two, THREE!" The last week she has been skipping 2 and 3 and goes straight for: 4, 5, 8, 9, 10! Someday we will get it down :)
- Mia LOVES to sing. Eric and I die every time we catch her singing to her toys, or any time she thinks we aren't listening!
- One day Mia asked me to sing the "do as I'm doing" song- she said, "song?! dis?!" as she rolled her arms over each other. I had no idea she even knew that song! They must sing it in nursery and it makes me so happy that she's retaining this stuff when she is in the care of others!
- Mia rocked her first ever pony tail! I've been itching to chop her bob again but we've been pulling her hair up more often and it's kind of fun doing this stuff with her longer hair. I'm so torn because it would be nice to let it keep growing and just pull it up all the time with the summer heat, but goodness, I LOVE her bob! Who knows what I'll end up doing, but for now, Mia is totally enjoying getting her hair done different ways. Such a girly girl!
- She finally cut her first 2 year molar. Those are a beast and I'm dreading the other three!
- Her favorite meals are "panpakes" and "'dilla" and she asks for them daily (usually for every meal, actually) So anything with a tortilla is now a quesadilla and she happily eats it up! She's still a good eater so it doesn't bother me that these are the two items she asks for every meal :) As long as she eats whatever I give her, she can keep on askin' ;)
- We don't let Mia watch shows very often but it's kind of become a tradition to turn on a movie Sunday night, cuddle together, eat popcorn and just relax as a family. She's moved on from the girly movies and the two movies she talks about every day now are "Dragons" and "m'Queen" So I think it's safe to say that How to Train a Dragon and Cars are her faves right now :) But Frozen and Tangled will always hold a special place in her heart, ha ha!
- I finally broke down and bought Mia little pant/shirt PJ sets instead of the footie PJs I'm in love with. It's just so warm here, and will only get warmer, so she needed cooler jammies. I have to admit that these new sets are so stinking cute on her, but they make her seem so grown up now :( Mia loves them so much that she either refuses to change out of them in the morning, or it's a big cry fest when I do make her take them off, ha!
- Mia mostly wears 2T clothing but you can bet she still fits in clothes ranging from 9-18 months. She wears size 5 and 6 shoes, depending on the sizing of the brand.
- She is wearing size 5 diapers and we finally discovered the Pampers cruisers fit great, yay! But I am gearing up to start potty training in the next couple of months! She's been showing a lot of interest so I am working myself up to take the plunge! Yikes!!
I can't believe Mia is a quarter of a year into 2! Time is flying! But at the same time, it feels like she's been in our lives forever. Oh how we love our Mia girl!!
Remember, use the code "FHTE15" to receive 20% off anything from Charlock and Coleridge through the month of March!