Anyway, we feel like we've got the necessities down to keep Mia happy in the car! Our list is pretty simple (which makes life easier on my for the packing and unpacking!) I fill one of Mia's little backpacks with the following-
- Books. Mia loves books. I buy new ones to sneak in if we are going on a trip any longer than 3 hours! Books with flaps are a necessity to include in the mix! They keep her busy and entertained and she's pretty good about not ripping the flaps off!
- Crayons and a notebook. Mia is way into coloring right now and it's the cutest thing! She's also really into emptying the ziplock bag of crayons and putting them back in, just another activity that keeps her distracted!
- Stickers! Enough said ;)
- Her cell phone toy. It lights up and sings songs and she loves it!
- Toy cars, because she loves to play with them and drive them over the top of a large book!
- A sippy full of water.
- Snacks for just in case! She usually doesn't snack in the car (because we don't want to deal with the mess, which is okay because she's used to it!) but we find the least messy snacks possible for when she does need something! Puffs used to be awesome but she won't eat those anymore. She still eats pouches and those are pretty mess free! I'm afraid we will have to start letting her snack more once we get rid of the binky!
- We stop and take food/potty/stretch breaks on any trip that is longer than 3 hours! (If you haven't noticed by now, our normal road trip is 2-3 hours long so she is pretty used to that, and she usually sleeps for at least half of it, so it's easy for all of us!)
- The dreaded and beloved binky :)
P.S. Be sure to check out the adorable little giveaway going on my Instagram from Our Little Pretties, today is the last day to enter!
Aug 7: Car Trip Necessities
Aug 14: Deciding when the time is right for baby #2 (and/or how to handle these questions)
Aug 21: Tricks for eating out with your toddler
Aug 28: Feeling confident as a mom (How to feel this way, Your struggle with, etc.)