Sunday, August 4, 2013

weekend review {I may have been hypnotized?}

We were lucky enough to go spend the weekend with my in laws and had such a great time! Well... I had a great time while Eric and his dad worked like crazy on his jeep. Poor men! But that's another story for another day. Mia and I swam with cousin Nick and aunt Amy. I love the sun and Mia loves the water! I could swim with her all day, every day! Check out my instagram to see a video of my girl walking through the pool! She's going to be walking on her own before we know it (did I mention she is 7 months old?)!

Is she not the cutest?!
We also went to the fair with Amy and Nick. Smallest. fair. ever. But did I mention there was a hypnotist? Somehow I got sucked into going on stage with a group of volunteers to be hypnotized. I really don't believe in this stuff so I thought I'd just sit up there looking like an idiot. Well, I looked like an idiot but I wasn't just sitting the whole time.... The hypnotist truly had me so relaxed that I didn't care if the audience watched me pretend to be a ballerina, or crack up over the "funniest movie I've ever seen in my life" (really, I was crying from laughing so hard), or be the star of the show and shaking every one's hands and thanking them for coming to see me! But there were some things I refused to do like play an instrument in the band (I just sat there half asleep instead), or milk the cow. Seriously, no thank you! I blame my total relaxation on the rough night I had with Mia :)
It was so strange though, some kids were totally passed out! I was so incredibly relaxed but I never lost consciousness. One kid was totally out, woke up to do what the hypnotist told him to do, then she tried to sit him on the chair next to me and lay him on my lap when he just totally fell to the floor instead. I totally reacted and tried to catch him when she touched my shoulder and told me to go to sleep... so I fell onto the girl sitting next to me and I was as relaxed as if I was asleep. SO WEIRD! So I kinda believe that if you choose to be relaxed enough, you can be hypnotized! But I also believe you have total control over your sub conscious and you won't do anything you won't want to do. Who has been hypnotized before? I'd love to hear your experience!
It's always a great weekend with the Brinkerhoff's! We are spoiled with good food, fun and lots of love!

14 comments:

Ashley Lee said...

What a little cutie. OMG, I need to pull our baby pool out for me & my mini!! I can not believe I have yet to do that! Thanks for the reminder lol.

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

I really didn't know that you could be TRULY hypnotized! Such a crazy experience you had!

Jessica M. said...

I've never been hypnotized, but I wonder what would happen to me if I was! ;)

Musings Of A Gem said...

Wow I didn't realise hypnotism really worked. That's crazy! I love your pictures. You both look great!

Gemma x

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

Aww girl!! She's so cute! =D

Lauren said...

I've always wondered how hypnosis works and I pretty much thought it was like you described. Glad you let yourself play along but didn't embarrass yourself!

Pamela said...

I always wondered if it was fake or not! Gah, I could just squeeeeze Mia!!

Jamie said...

I've never been hypnotized but I would like to. I would like to know if its real!

Libby said...

Crazy! My best friends mom is a hypnotist and hypnotizes people to stop smoking, stop eating too much, stop biting your nails and things like that. I don't think I would do it but people rave over it!

Amira said...

Seriously. Get out of here in your hottie bathing suit!!!!

lori said...

swimming with babies is my favorite!! and you look awesome, mama!

Anonymous said...

She is SUCH a happy, cute little girl!!

You look really good! I don't know many mommas that would be in a bikini 7 months after having a baby.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Her little bathing suits are too cute!

Dinah Gacon said...

MIA...MIA..MIA...she is an angel. Love seeing pics of her! Such a sweet baby girl! So glad you had a great time with your inlaws :) And being hypnotized..I have always wondered if its a hoax or not. Sounds like it was fun anyway!

xo Dinah @ Sunshine super glam

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!