I'm not sure how it's this time already (cue the ugly cry!!) but it's BIRTHDAY MONTH for my baby James!! He IS my second child... I SHOULD know that the 1st birthday comes way faster than I could imagine... yet I still find myself in total shock that he is 11 months old. 11 months of pure, mischievous sweetness, ha ha! And my goodness, we love him SO!!
- James is constantly pulling himself to the standing position. He's even stood on his own for a few seconds. It was when he was distracted so it was totally an accident each time, but he'll get it mastered long before I'm ready for it, I'm sure!
- Since my last update on sleep, James has given me 3 consecutive nights of sleeping through the night! Then he will wake up once to eat a few nights in a row, then give me another night or two of sleeping though the night. At this point, I'll take what I can get! SOMEDAY it will be impossible to drag him out of bed, right?! He still gives me 2, 2 hour naps, thankfully!
- James still eats all the foods even though he has just 4 teeth, ha ha. He also nurses 3 times a day (4 if he wakes up in the night).
- He is obsessed with water- drinking it, swimming in it and bathing in it! He can be super ornery (I know, not James?!) but as soon as you turn on the water for bath time, his arms are flapping a million miles an hour and he's shrieking with happiness, ha ha.
- James hasn't really added any more words to his vocabulary, though I swear when he makes the "geegee" sounds, he is really trying to say "binky"! Maybe that will be his first word (besides mama)!
- We have a clapper now (it's the cutest!) and he's trying to master the wave. It's more of holding his hands up in the air like he wants to be held but hey, he will get there, ha ha!
- Guess who also figured out how to throw tantrums? So, that's cute...
- James is in love with balls and cars! All boy, I tell ya! He will crawl around the house with a car in hand, driving on the tile! I debated whether to do a car or baseball themed birthday party... I think baseball won!
- He doesn't road trip or adjust to change as easily as Mia did/does. We just traveled to Utah (minus Eric) and between travels, leaving him to be babysat a few times, and no daddy, James turned into one very needy little monster.
- At his 9 month check up last month (yes, at 10 months. Totally a second child, ha!) James weighed in at 20 pounds! He's finally so mobile that he's not adding the pounds on, just maintaining. He's such a big boy!! Mia barely weighs 30 pounds, ha ha.
- He wears 12 and 18 month clothes (crazy!!) I have no idea what shoe size he is but I need to work on that because it will start cooling down here... in a couple of months ;)
- James still wears size 4 diapers.
Our family is so blessed to have James in it... he is a bright spot in our days and all of us, including Mia, are obsessed with him!