Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

“Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in, it is what God gave you time for.” - Neil L. Anderson

Mother's Day is such a special day to celebrate even though Eric, you guessed it, worked ;) I'm pretty sure he has worked every Mother's Day since Mia was born, ha! But he always makes the day as special as he can for me! My day was a simple one that started with church and watching Mia sing with the primary for her first time! Oh my momma heart was bursting with happiness as I knew how much Mia loved being up there singing! She's the cutest :) She brought home the sweetest Mother's Day card for me with her hand prints as flowers and a questionnaire that I've been dying to get since I became a mom. I still can't stop laughing over some of Mia's answers. My mom's full name is: "just Courtney." I can totally imagine how she said that with a "duh" type of attitude, ha ha! My mom is "38" (not bad considering we've never talked about this. She was only 10 years off!) and weighs "bigger". I love it when my mom "reads books" which is what I plan on doing as soon as I finish this blog post. I'd say we're due for a cuddle sesh and enjoying something we both love after the doozy of a Monday we've had so far... I couldn't resist sharing a photo on Instagram if you want to see the rest :) We took a nap, called our mom's to wish them a Happy Mother's Day when Eric got home. He made me dinner and we ate it while watching a movie (during which Mia cuddled with me almost the whole time!!) and he baked my favorite pie- lemon meringue. It was a day filled with simple moments that truly meant the most to me! I love my people! I'm also incredibly grateful for our mom's for raising Eric and I to the best of their abilities, and being the very best grandma's to our babies!
This year was such a sweet one as it's my first Mother's Day since becoming a momma of two! James, that sweet boy, has reminded me what a sacred calling motherhood is. Mia and James are so innocent and pure, loving and forgiving and they never cease to amaze me with their incredible relationship. I can see just how much they love me written all over their faces and every day I will try harder to honor my calling as their mom, because we all deserve my very best effort! I love my babies and their daddy, and I'm so thankful to be a mom!

8 comments:

Jenn said...

I love the mom questions she answered--"just courtney" lol So glad that you had a good mother's day!

Ashley Brickner said...

Loooove the pic of both of them!!! So sweet! Happy Mother's Day love!

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Even though Eric couldn't be there it sounds like you still had a great Mother's Day with your little cuties! Haha loved Mia's "bigger" comment on how much you weigh. Smart girl not giving an actual number ;) <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

Mandie said...

Sweet post. I'm glad that you had a good Mother's Day, "just Courtney". :)

According to Kiki said...

I hope you had an amazing Mother's day Courtney! Could they be any cuter? (; Enjoy your cuddle sesh!

Erin LFF said...

Glad you had a special mother's day! I was loving Mia's answers on the IG picture- so adorable!!

Foxy's Domestic Side said...

That pictures...so so cute! Happy Mother's Day!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

loved the mom questionaire!!!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!