Tuesday, May 17, 2016

currently

I found this on Instagram but I'm not sure who to give source credit- let me know if you know :)
Loving: how comfortable we feel living in Arizona these days! I've been feeling very blessed lately when I think of the amazing friendships we've made these past few months, and the old friendships we've been able to grow because of living here. One of my dear friends moved here just a few months ago and she has quickly come to be one of my best friends, and I have Arizona to thank for that! We still get homesick for Utah's beauty and our family, but that just gives us the best excuse ever to go back and visit while we can! In the mean time, we are having a lot of fun exploring our newish (is it still new after living here almost a year and a half?!) state and all there is to offer here!

Reading/Watching: kid books are my jam, y'all. That's the only thing I make time for right now. But I did host an Usborne book party for a friend and I'm super excited to get our new books in the mail and have new stuff to look at with the kids! I'm so a mom, aren't I?! Ha ha.
Watching, what am I watching? I haven't even had time for shows these days... Now that we caught up with Fixer Upper on Netflix, we don't feel the need to rush to the TV once the kids go to bed ;) ha ha, I'm kidding! Eric and I are finally watching the latest season of Bones on Netflix. I finished Hart of Dixie (so cheesy, but I just can't help myself!) and now I'm on the hunt for something else to reel me in.

Trying to: be a good mom. I don't know why my first reaction is to be annoyed when most of Mia's responses to most of my commands (ha, oops) is "why". Like, shouldn't she just accept whatever I tell her because I, her mother, said it?! NOOOO! No, she shouldn't. Why do I keep forgetting that Mia doesn't just know everything?! She is learning EVERYTHING from how to clean a certain way, how we act in public, how we react to certain situations, etc and I'm the one that is supposed to teach her! I sure do hope to get my self in check and start teaching her with the grace and patience she deserves!
Whew! How was that for light hearted conversation? Ha! And now we all know what a bad/mean mom I can be.

Wishing: I could get my sweet tooth (and the salty one, too. Gimme all the junk food!) under control... I cleaned up my eating habits SO good after Mia was born but I am struggling this time around. So! Since I don't have a handle on that, it's time to up my workouts, AGAIN! I picked up my running a month or two ago and I've made major progress, but my wimpy weight lifting isn't cutting it. It's time to get serious about gaining more muscle! I'm going to start BBG next week- who's done it?! Do you love it, or hate it?!

Excited for: so here's the deal... I'm going to do something real annoying that drives me crrrrazy when others do this (because I'm so gosh, dang nosy!) and tease you all with something big, without actually sharing what the news, ha ha. But seriously, I've had something BIG in the works for a couple of months now and I am thiiiiiis close to sharing the secret. I am SO excited, a little nervous (okay, a lot nervous if I think about it too hard), but mostly really excited! You all have been the most amazing friends and supporters of mine, so I can't wait to share the news with you FIRST, in just a few days :)

5 comments:

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

can't wait to hear your BIG news!!! Also, yes the patience struggle is so real. Hang in there girlie!!!

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

I just read a book (Mastering your Mean Girl) that talks about attracting the right tribe! ANd if you figure out a way to control your sweet tooth please share :-) I suffer from sugar-addiction.

Kristin DiCristofano said...

I started BBG and LOVED it! But then life hit... and I'm hoping to start it up again in a couple of weeks when I'm not working 50 hours a week! me and my sister would always send a snapchat to each other when we finished to help motivate each other so feel free to join us ;) kdicristofano!

According to Kiki said...

You ARE a good mom! haha Toddlers can be frustrating. You are human, and getting annoyed with a toddler that likes to push your buttons is normal. Mine keeps waking up at 4:30 in the morning and running around crying about how tired she is. So.... I totally sympathize with you. (;

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

I so know what you mean about being annoyed with the , "Why, why why" all the time!! It certainly gets old when you hear that word 900 times a day. :)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!