This is Mia's "ta da!" pose... totally though it was appropriate to share on today's post :)- I've really started to notice how much Mia remembers, and the fact that she can communicate her memories with me! She will tell me about "swimmin" from a few days ago- she'll mention who we were with and what we did while swimming. For some reason it just totally blows my mind that she remembers this stuff and TELLS me about it!
- Mia figured out how to escape out our front door. Exactly one month ago I heard Mia get super excited that the garbage truck was in front of our house. Suddenly it sounded like the garbage truck was actually IN our home... I peek around the corner to find that Mia unlocked the dead bolt and was standing outside. Que my freak out! I told Mia that was an absolute "no no" and we DON'T open the door... she innocently replied that she was just looking at the garbage truck, ha ha. She opened the door one more time before she took me seriously. If only we weren't renting... we would add a dead bolt up high!
- She pooped in the potty for the first time. It was totally by accident but now I know why mom's talk about that crap... it's SO exciting, ha ha. She's only done it one other time but I haven't really pushed potty training. We are about to get serious about it though, so wish me luck!
- Mia got stung by a bee for the first time. This seriously broke my heart and reminded me why I hate bee's so much. Mia was a little dramatic about it, but I would expect nothing less from her. She is my daughter, after all :)
- Mia can count to 10! Although most of the time it goes like this: 2 3 4 5 6 8 9 10! She loves to count and talk about numbers all day long. When I change her diaper she tells me, " ONE diaper!" etc. It's so cute to hear how excited and proud she is of herself now that she knows numbers!
- She said "Eric" for the first time... although she still hasn't made the connection that that's daddy's first name. Not sure how I feel about that since she's been calling me by my first name for months now, ha ha! I pointed out Prince Eric when we were at Disney on Ice and she repeated, "Ewic?!" That's the first, and only day that I've heard her say his name :)
- I'm mostly dressing Mia in 2T clothing, aside from her 9, 12 and 18 month dresses that she wears as shirts or dresses :) She wears a couple shoes that are size 5, but we've mostly moved to size 6 now.
- She still wears size 5 diapers- I'm curious to see how motivated I get with potty training, or how well Mia catches on, we'll see if she's still wearing diapers next month!
The most exciting news we've shared in the last month is that Mia's going to be a big sister, yay! I know there will be challenges with the huge change that is coming our way, but I have no doubt that Mia will handle it like a champ and love her role as a big sis!