How is it possible that my baby will be 2 in just one, short month?! I feel like she should be 3 months old, not 23! But goodness, I would never wish away one second I've had with her. Mia is the best part of Eric and I... we love her SO much!
- I don't even know how to keep track of Mia's vocabulary these days because it develops SO much! I feel like she learns multiple words, as well as sentences, every single day! But I've written down words when I remember to and she now says: "honey", "bunny", "gween" (green), "cow", "in-i boi" (inside voice), "Mourney" (Courtney), "gucker" (sucker), "horse", "ba-oo" (balloon), "house", "cuh-dee" (color), "tor-tee" (turtle), "tiss" (kiss), "door" (but when she says door, she's really asking me to open something for her, weird!) "pu-pwe" (purple), "aggs" (eggs), "mouse", "boots", "much", "see ya soon", "what".
- She still has her own alien/gibberish language that I love so much! I need to sneak a recording of it before it's gone, because I know I'll miss it one day!
- We are officially binky free! I have a separate blog post coming next week telling you all about it! But the first time she ever went to sleep without her bink was on Halloween night!
- Halloween was also a big day because... that's the first time Mia ever pooped in the shower. Lovely! She actually cried out as soon as it happened, like she knew that was a no-no. Instead of scolding her, because she clearly didn't mean for that to happen, I explained to her that that was poop, tell momma "I poop" or "potty!" Since then she has told us more than once "I poop" then a couple minutes later she has a poopy diaper! Yay! Hopefully that will help when it comes time to potty train!
- Oh, Halloween was also Mia's first time trick or treating :) She was so small last year that we didn't take her out. Goodness, a lot of firsts that day, ha ha!
- Mia can now point to her cheeks and her chin... we've almost got her whole body figured out!
- Eric is officially "daddy" and I'm still "momma", but lately she's been calling me just "mom", ha! It's kind of cute and kind of sad at the same time. Makes her sound older!
- We pulled out the Christmas tree a few days ago and Mia squealed all sorts of girly squeals when we plugged in the lights, it was so cute! I'm waiting until Thanksgiving to pull out the ornaments and finish decorating the house for Christmas, but I know she's gonna LOVE it!
- Mia is still very much in the independent play phase when it comes to playing with kids her age. She loves the babies and absolutely adores playing with older kids! But kids her size, age? Everything is "mine!" and they hit a lot. Yikes! We are doing our best to teach Mia to share and "we don't hit our friends!". I won't mind when this phase passes (if it ever passes, HA!)
- She wears clothing sizes anywhere from 12-24 months! Size 4 and 5 shoes, although I did get her a pair of winter boots at size 6 and she does pretty well wearing them!
- I remember thinking Mia would be in size 3 diapers until she was potty trained. Obviously we moved her up to size 4 but we are officially in size 5 diapers now! (Size 4 is kind of pointless, I would have just sized her straight up to 5 if I had realized!)
Mia is so smart and SO much fun! We can't imagine now having her in our lives! Here's hoping the next month doesn't fly by too quickly!!