Tuesday, November 18, 2014

a wishlist... or two

I gotta be honest, I kinda suck at gift giving. Occassionally I come up with a really great idea, but for the most part I'm not very creative and have a hard time thinking of good gifts. Plus my brain has been fried (hello pregnancy turned mom brain!) so I never remember stuff. This is why wish lists are my best friend! I always appreciate ideas from everyone else, so here's Mia's birthday and Christmas wishlist for those that need one... because, you know, she totally told me exactly what she wants ;)
christmas




1- These backpacks are so adorable (plus hello? a stuffed animal that detaches as a bonus!) and would be so perfect for traveling! We are on the go all the time so Mia would love pulling this around!

2- Mia is becoming super obsessed with "babies" so I thought a doll stroller would be the perfect addition to playing with her babes. I was just informed this has already been taken care of, oops!

3- Santa is giving Mia a kitchen but doesn't really want to get the extra stuff, HA! Probably because Mrs. Clause doesn't want to deal with the added mess around the house. But if no one gets these for Mia, I have no doubt that Santa will make sure Mia's taken care of ;)

4- I can't believe we haven't bought this for Mia yet because she is obsessed! Anytime we are at someone's house who has this car, she claims it for herself and I literally have to pry her away when it's time to leave! This has been taken care of as well!

5- Mia looooves puzzles, but we only have two! We are over due for changing it up. Plus these are another fun way for her to learn names of objects, etc and practice her motor skills (that she is a pro at, by the way!)

6-  Mia is turning into quite the artist! She looooves to color, draw, paint, etc. Good thing because we will be stuck indoors most of the winter so I need little projects (like painting) to keep her busy!

Mia is super easy to please but she is also obsessed with books, baby dolls, blankets, clothes, dance clothes, etc. Thank heavens she's not hard to shop for... her daddy is another story ;)

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this wishlist!! I have a two year old girl, also, and she's obsessed with her Cozy Coupe and with painting!! Another fun idea is a little art/reading/puzzle making table from Ikea! They're only $20 and a super fun idea, since you can paint to match her room or playroom!!! Just thought I'd share my favorite item from my daughter's wishlist! ;)

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50178411/

Pamela {Sequins and Sea Breezes} said...

Such a cute wishlist! I kinda suck at giving gifts too. I always need a list from people to make sure I get exactly what they want. I hate guessing LOL!

<3, Pamela
sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

Jess Scott said...

What a great list! Kitchens, babies and Cozy Coupes are always a hit!!

Chrissy@SimpleJoysBlog said...

All great ideas! I bet she will love a kitchen!!

P!nky said...

Such a cute lil list. We had a play kitchen growing up and I LOVED IT FOREVER!

Kelly Mock said...

Oh good picks! I want to get a kick and play piano for Hallie!

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

SO I'm kind of on this Wish List/Gift Registry kick, and secretly want to ask my family to make a Christmas list. I love coming up with fun unique ideas but 1) It's exhausting and 2) Is it really what they even want/need? After our wedding gifts I'm such a fan of registries because we got everything we wanted. I'm sure your family/friends will be thankful for this post :-)

BLovedBoston said...

Oh she is going to love any of these!! The puzzles are so great - not sure if you have a TJ Maxx or Marshalls near you but they usually have a great selection!

Ashley Brickner said...

GREAT wish list - and Mia will LOVE a little stroller!

Amanda {Tickled Pink} said...

Love these ideas!!!! Tj Maxx, Marshall's, and even Ross usually have fabulous deals in the toy section. Puzzles, babies, and often times Melissa and Doug stuff!

Lauren said...

Cute wishlist! We got Elyse a kitchen last year and I couldn't handle the potential additional clutter as well. Thankfully Papa & Gigi bought a shopping cart, which serves double-use to store the fruits & veggies...and I also bought a pretty big basket that sits on the floor next to the kitchen for all the other kitchen stuff. This at least keeps it all contained or provides a place to put it away when it's time to pick-up, pick-up!

She's a big star said...

She will LOVE having a stroller!! And the food that can make a mess because there's so many pieces... added bonus, get her a toy grocery cart to put them in! That's where we always kept ours and it worked perfectly!

Anonymous said...

hahaha if I were Mrs. Claus I'd be weary of thrown fruit and veggies everywhere too ;) she will LOVE it though!!

Sydney @ Raising Southern Grace said...

Really neat ideas. I'll have to remember these for my little guy.
Sydney

Sarah said...

oh I love that paint, it's super washable so if it gets on anything it comes right out. The Target price is pretty awesome too :) Mia is going to LOVE her kitchen, my almost 4 year old still plays with it almost daily! Gets those creative juices flowing.

McKenze Bauer said...

hello! Wow, i lay low in the blogging world for a while and I come back you have a beautiful little girl.How rad is that?! Motherhood looks great on you :)

erin vancura said...

yes. yes. and yes. she needs and will love ALL of those things!!!

Denise said...

Presley is getting a kitchen too. I found one on Amazon that comes with like 150 food/dish items! I can't believe Mia is almost TWO!! Too fast!

tina bumblebee said...

I have that stroller on Lyla's wishlist too! And hello I need to check out that backpack now, so cute

Tara said...

This wish list looks like it was written for my little girl too! :) I really want to get her a cozy coupe but we don't have a ton of room in our little apartment :(

Hollands Reverie said...

Those would be great for my little Eleanor. I've got my oldest son covered, it's my four year old son I was get stuck trying to buy for!

www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

Caroline @ Windy City Chic said...

That suitcase is so cute and funny!! My niece has that car and loves it. Except for when her sister tries to climb in there with her haha. My nieces are a little older than Mia, but thanks for giving me some ideas for them!! :-)

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Puzzles are on Aria's list too! We just have one right now and she is so good at it. Every time I see her do it I just get that proud momma feeling! These girls are getting so smart. I love it!

Elizabeth [Chasin' Mason] said...

Love Mia's wish list! Looks very similar to Mason's. I heard through the grape vine that Mason might be getting a kitchen for Christmas too (yay!) so I will have to go check that food out. I think he needs it! (Or that's what I'll tell Seth LOL!)

Julia Anderson said...

I got myles a kitchen for his birthday and he loves it! Melissa and Doug has some food sets that are awesome; wooden and long lasting! And those paints are the best ones. They really are totally washable. Crayola has some really neat no mess options I have been eying for quite some time now too!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!