Bahaha. I love this picture :)Last summer was probably the happiest summer of my life! I got to spend my days with little Mia and watch her grow. I was convinced that no summer would ever be able to beat that one.... but of course I was wrong! This summer has been just as fun and amazing! The amazing thing about baby's, toddlers, kids is that it doesn't take much to make them happy (I love that fact about Mia, she is constantly bringing me back to what truly matters and simple happiness)!
So how are we having fun this summer? We are spending as much time outside as possible! Some of Mia's favorite things that keep us busy are:
- Hiking (I've changed my hiking routes from ones where I have to pack her, to ones that she can do herself! She loves to explore so I do my best to accommodate!)
- Pool time. We bought a baby pool that has been the best investment ($10) ever!
- Park time. I must admit that the park isn't my very favorite because Mia still can't do it all, but she sure does try! So it sometimes turns into a fight as she tries to follow the bigger kids to the very tallest of climbing and slides. It will be nice when I don't have to worry about her running and climbing all over everything. But when she is content playing on the baby sections and going down the slide a hundred times, it is so fun to watch the joy on her face :)
- Play dates. Although Mia is still very much in the independent playing stage, she still loves to be surrounded by our friends! So play dates are good for our souls :)
- Simply going outside. Some days we walk out the front door, I sit on the steps and watch Mia run around and pick up rocks, say hi to the neighbors, etc. I can't even explain Mia's excitement when I tell her we are going outside (versus out back)! Even though she doesn't do much... it truly is the little things that make her world go 'round :)
- Blowing bubbles. Playing with balls. Eating homemade popsicles or smoothies.
Our summer activities are simple and that is okay with me and my daughter. Our life is so happy and I'm so grateful I have my little bestie to enjoy the little things with!
July 17: Favorite summer toddler activities
July 24: Helping Your Toddler to Communicate (Words, emotions, etc.)
July 31: Dealing with Separation Anxiety
Aug 7: Car Trip Necessities
Aug 14: Deciding when the time is right for baby #2 (and/or how to handle these questions)
Aug 21: Tricks for eating out with your toddler
Aug 28: Feeling confident as a mom (How to feel this way, Your struggle with, etc.)