Monday, January 20, 2014
happy 13 months to my love bug
- The sweetest thing we are loving right now is that Mia will give random hugs now! She was always good about giving loves, but now she loves to hug AND pat our legs, our back, our neck... whatever she can get our hands on depending on if we are standing, sitting/kneeling or holding her :)
- Mia blows kisses now! I mean, she gets the hand to her mouth but doesn't understand the blowing part, yet :) But still, cutest thing ever!
- She loves to play dress up in my clothes. Her favorites are my work out tank tops (a blue one in particular) bikini top and the occasional underwear, ha ha! I need to take a video of her because the look on her face when she gets the tank top draped around her neck is priceless! She knows she's cute stuff!
- Mia can point to her nose, and sometimes she points at her mouth and eyes correctly. She's learning!
- It was a total surprise to us, but Mia understands folding her arms and sometimes bowing her head for a prayer... what?! She just surprised us one night in the middle of family prayer by folding her arms! Now we ask her every time, and she totally does it! So sweet!
- Aside from "dada" and occasionally "mom", Mia says: "no", "don't", "whoa", and "num-num" when she's eating something she loves. Can you tell what she hears most in this house? Oops, ha ha!
- We took Mia to her first movie in the theaters... Frozen! So adorable!
- Mia had her first real park date with mom and dad yesterday and she was in love! She loved being able to run free outside and we loved being able to watch her go! She wasn't too fond of the swings this time, but she LOVED going down the slide (first time) with daddy! She got pretty daring where she would go down the slide (I would barely hold on to her, my hands were pretty much there for support if she fell backwards) by herself and daddy would catch her! We will be enjoying the park way more with these beautiful, winter days!
- She is wearing 6-9 month and 12 month clothes. She wears 3-6 month shoes which I'm guessing is size 3?
- And she wears size 3 diapers!
I can't believe I have a 13 month old, but at the same time? Her birthday feels like it was months ago. I still want time to slow down! I love every stage of my baby growing, but I'm not ready for her to not be a baby anymore, you know? Oh the emotions of a momma heart!! We love Mia more and more each day!
Posted by Courtney B at 8:01 AM