Tuesday, December 31, 2013

the hardest goodbye

2013 was by far the best year of my life! That's not to say it didn't come with its fair share of trials... because it did. I (or Eric and I) had to relearn how to nurture my marriage. It's true what "they" say about how everything changes when you have a baby. And it's such a GOOD thing! That baby changes the whole structure of the life you've known and sometimes it's hard to change old habits to make a better, happier life. We experienced major stresses, heart ache and let downs with work. We've been in limbo, never a fun place to be. We've gone through more than I could publicly share to the world wide web. But looking back, the bad is far outweighed by the good.
The good I'm talking about is only 3 letters long... Mia! We have experienced more intense happiness than ever because of our precious, baby girl. We are forever in love with Mia! We got to watch my family and friends fall in love with Mia and there is no greater feeling knowing that we produced something that tangible (even though really, Mia gets all the credit)! We've seen her change lives, literally. Ours included! We've been on so many adventures as a family of 3 and it's the best watching Mia experience new things! I'm really, really sad to see this year go. I know that we have more fun and adventures ahead, more Mia to fall in love with, more... you get the picture. But I kind of want her to stay little forever. Gru said it best on Despicable Me 2, "don't EVER grow up!" But since that's not possible I truly do look forward to watching Mia grow.
Just know that 2013 will always be one of the most special years of my life! So with a little bit of heart ache, I admit that I'm sad to see it go. I pray that 2014 brings us as much happiness and joy as 2013... and to try and ensure that it does, we'll be ringing in the new year the right way ;)

Happy New Year, my friends!

31 comments:

Julie said...

Best wishes for a great 2014 :)

Kristin said...

That picture is so dang cute! Isn't it crazy how sad you get when your baby gets older but you're so excited for the future at the same time? I'm totally with ya! Happy New Year my friend!

Nichole @ casadecrews.com said...

Sometimes you have to get through the bad to find the good again, and I am glad you all had a mostly fantastic year! Esp with sweet Mia.

Pamela said...

Great picture!! Here's to an EVEN BETTER year!! Bring it on, 2014!!

beckyj @ A Lazy Crazy Life said...

Happy New Year to you! Sweet post :)

P!nky said...

What a wonderful year for you! I feel the same way, for different reasons obviously. 2013 was the best year of my life, so I'm a bit sad to say goodbye. Praying that we both have an amazing 2014!

17 Perth said...

Absolutely LOVE this photo---and blessings to you in 2014!

~Dawn~ said...

Cheers to a happy and healthy 2014, Courtney :)

Kayla Dolen said...

Love this!! Happy new year to you and your sweet family!!

Boy, oh {mamas} boys

hello erin said...

happy new year to the sweetest family EVAH.

cheers!

Linzi Scarsella said...

Now that is a couple in love!! Happy New Year sweet heart!

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

LOVE your picture. It's all gonna get better from here friend!! :)

Amberly said...

Such a great picture of you guys! I LOVE it! :)

Traci@TheHallway said...

A very Happy New Year to you guys!

Amber said...

Beautifully said. Happy new year!

Kerry @ Till Then Smile Often said...

What a great picture! Hope the New Year brings lots of joy and love!

Nicole@mamashiptips said...

VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIEND TO YOU AND YOU FAMILY .. HELLO 2014 :)I know how you feel Julian is the best thing that ever happen to me

luke and kourt said...

Perfect photo for New Year's Eve :)

Unknown said...

So sweet! Congrats on a great year!

- meyouandhayleylarue.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

that is a hot picture!
i wish i knew you 3 in real life. you seem like such a fun family and i want to play too! hehe.
happy new year lovely!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

LOVE that picture!!!! Please tell me it's framed somewhere in your home!

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

Hope 2014 is just as wonderful!

Amy Harris said...

cutest picture :)

Printed Bonnet by AyoBE said...

I hear ya! It is hard to say goodbye to an awesome year but then it also means a new year with many awesome possibilities!

Happy New Year!

Courtney [Sweet Turtle Soup] said...

Happy New Year! Isn't it amazing how your own little baby changes the lives of those around you in such (I think) unexpected ways. I love seeing friends fall in love with my little one, who could resist such lovely little girls!

Nat said...

I agree it's hard for me to see 2013 come to end but I'm excited for what the new year brings. Aren't babies just the best!? I seriously cannot even imagine my life before anymore!

Brittany said...

I love that picture! I hope 2014 is even better for your wonderful little family!

Pegster said...

Such a sweet post. Happy New Year 2014, may this year be even better than the last or at least just as good ;)

Janna Renee said...

I honestly think that life is going to just get better and better for you guys! You are wonderful people, amazing parents, and you deserve all the blessings in the world!! Cheers to 2014!

Ashley said...

Isn't it amazing how having a baby changes your whole life for the better?! I love it. I'm sure this year will be just as amazing for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I think that picture of you two is my favorite I've ever seen on here. SO SO cute!!

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!