How is my baby A YEAR OLD?! Fastest year of my life. And by far the best year :) Eric and I have had so much fun with Mia, and we intend to keep soaking up every second with her!
- Mia walks everywhere now! We rarely see her crawling! She's just such a big girl.
- Have I mentioned that she runs, too? I don't know how her tiny feet carry her so far so fast, ha ha. She is always on the go!
- This girl has quite the appetite. She eats almost as much as we do (her portions aren't that much smaller than mine) and nurses 3 times a day. I'm going to start cutting out the middle of the day sesh. Time to wean, baby girl!
- Mia is into climbing these days. If boxes or other objects aren't too high up she climbs right on top and plays!
- She is a pro at going up AND down the stairs now! She's never fallen down the stairs and I hope that never happens now that she can go down herself!
- Mia got two more teeth which makes a total of 6 teeth now (although she's teething right now so we'll see how many more pop out).
- We have been trying to teach Mia nose and mouth (we are moving on to eyes and ears now) and on her birthday I asked where her nose was, where her mouth was, and she pointed at them for the first time ever! It's so fun to see when things click and she totally catches on :)
- She teases us! One of our favorite games (Mia's included) is to throw a blanket or towel on Mia and ask, "Where's Mia?!" and she pulls it down. Lately she hides under the blanket and laughs while we ask where she is... she has hidden under the blanket for a couple minutes before pulling it down :) I don't know where she gets that patience but she thinks it's so fun to tease and "trick" us!
- One cute moment I don't want to forget- One evening Mia took like a 10 minute nap (as opposed to her normal 2 hour nap) so I turned on Despicable Me for cuddle time. There was a part where all the minions were cheering and clapping (she is obsessed with minions) and Mia couldn't pull her arms out of cuddling fast enough to clap :) As soon as they were done clapping she tucked her arms back under me and laid there cuddling. She was in such a daze because she was so exhausted but gosh, it was SO cute!
- Mia has finally moved up to size 3 diapers!
- She still wears 6-9 month clothing but she has worn a couple of 12 month size outfits. She's just a little thing!
This ONE year old is our whole world :)