Tuesday, September 3, 2013

weekend review {beauty contest & county fair}

So the fair came to town this past weekend and I couldn't wait to enter Mia in the "beautiful baby" contest! I wanted to do it at the other fairs we went to but you had to be a resident of the county, which we weren't! Heaven knows I have the prettiest baby ever so I was totally looking forward to this win (ha ha)! The theme was "Cowboy boots and ______ county roots".  Well, we aren't from this county (in fact, the town that hosted the fair is super tiny) and I don't have cowgirl boots or clothes for Mia.... so I dressed her in a cute dress with pink sparkly shoes! When I stood Mia in front of the mirror she totally eyed herself and then started clapping, ha ha! So she definitely liked the way she looked :)
I've never been to a beauty baby contest before, but our judges sat in a corner while we all lined up with our babes. They didn't come look at our babies, or have us walk up individually... is that normal? I wasn't very happy about it because there were 12 babies (and moms) in front of us so how were the judges supposed to get a good look at Mia? I wasn't surprised to hear that we didn't win, but I was super peeved! The baby that won Mia's age group was actually WAY cute (almost as cute as Mia, ha!) but the other babies that won? I'm pretty sure the only reason was because they were dressed in cowboy gear from head to toe. Anyway, this momma has a lot to learn from her baby. Mia handled the loss with grace (in fact, she didn't even care, HA!) and I, well, I'm a sore loser. So that ends our toddler and tiara career, ha ha!!


That night we headed back to the fair with Eric (you know how everyone had an extra long long weekend? He worked the WHOLE weekend... we are livin' the life I tell ya, ha!) to play games, eat junk and check out the booths. It was raining when we got there so we sat in the car, Eric explained that he didn't want his shoes (or mine) to get muddy or his hat to get wet. So let it be known that we turned around and came home because he loves his shoes/hat more than he loves me ;) ha! But he did make up for it!
While Eric was at work on Monday (Labor Day) Mia and I started the day with a 5k with our friends! And then Eric took us back to the fair where we are mini donuts and fry bread (and were sick the rest of the night, ha!) and let Mia play a duck game and won her very own little duck! It ended up being a pretty good weekend even though Eric had to work the whole time. We love whatever time we can get with him!

We got there late and didn't get our numbers before the race, so we had to hold them up just to prove we really did it, HA!
Mia was actually really nervous about this pool full of ducks :)
But she loves the ducky she won!!

P.S. Last day to enter this giveaway. It's a good one so hurry up and enter if you haven't already!
Linking up with Kelly for Trendy Tot Tuesday!

19 comments:

Jamie Hart said...

Awww she's a winner in my book! I saw the photo on IG but I didn't get to comment! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes!

Amanda English said...

This totally reminded me of a FRIENDS episode. If you don't know what I'm talking about, let me know and I'll send you a quick youtube link. lol

Jess Beer said...

She's such a cutie! LOVE the pink sparkly shoes and she SO should have won. What were they thinking??

Dee Stephens said...

HAAA! you got my comment on this last night.
You look awesome and I'm so glad you finally got your BOB! Did you buy it brand new?

Lauren said...

so precious! she's absolutely adorable...and this is the reason I haven't ever entered Elyse in anything--I know that I would take the loss so much harder than she ever would!

But I'm LOVING those shoes!

Heather Leigh_A beautiful ministry said...

HAha! She is so adorable!! She def would have won if I was the judge. :)

RadiantKristen said...

Holy hair bows... I don't think I've ever seen that many baby head bands in one place before! So sorry she didn't win, all that matters is that you guys (and all of us!) know that she's the cutest baby around.

Erin LFF said...

Such a cutie! Mia definitely should have won!!! ;) Silly judges!!

You look amazing, momma! I'm just now trying to get back into running and you motivate me!!

THECAROLINACOUNTRYGIRL said...

Sounds like an unorganized contest. Mia looked way better than those girls in the pictures!

Michelle said...

The picture where you are helping her stand- she totally is posing! Knee bent and everything ;)

Elle Vee said...

Awww haha she totally should have won...

K&R said...

ok, but really you have the cutest baby ever. but really.

K

Shelley said...

Aww she shoulda won. Lame! :)

LEIGH said...

Awww! She should've won ! She's such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

oh her shoes are so cute!! love the sparkles!! mia wins if you ask me!! :)

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Sweetest thing ever!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Even though she didn't win at least you guys had fun!

Janna Renee said...

Mia should have won HANDS DOWN. She was by far the cutest!

Janna Renee said...

And had the hottest mommy ;)

Post a Comment

i admit it. i LOVE hearing from you!