My sweet angel baby is 2 months old today!!
gorgeous headband from Little Miss Millie's BoutiqueI never posted details about Mia during her first month so I'm playing catch up... yes I am a bad mom, blogger, blah blah blah. What can I say? I just couldn't put my baby down long enough to get on the computer :)
- Mia has smiled in her sleep since day 1. That's how we knew she was almost out cold, she'd smile a couple of times and then be totally zonked :)
- She started smiling at us between 2-3 weeks old. The first time we saw it, we thought it was a total fluke. But she kept smiling and hasn't stopped! She is the smiliest baby ever and it just melts our hearts!!
- Mia has always been incredibly strong! She has held her head up since day 1 and loves to show off how strong her neck is. She has always been able to hold her weight on her legs as well. (Eric is convinced he taught her how to develop her muscles in the hospital.... ha ha!) We sat her in the bumbo chair at 6 weeks and she has no problem sitting in it for a few minutes at a time!
- Mia is also very alert! At her 2 week appointment the doctor and nurse said she's the most alert baby they've seen in a long time. She definitely doesn't want to miss anything going on around her :)
- Aside from the first sucky weeks of nursing, Mia is an amazing eater! (Which also means she's an amazing pooper :) Oh the life of a mom!)
- Mia refuses to nurse before bedtime. I don't know why, but she will nurse before bath but not after! So I pump and give her a bottle (which is incredibly annoying. It takes 10 minutes to nurse but 30 to drink the bottle, ha ha.) We all know who runs the show at our house ;)
- Mia hated bath time until her cord fell off.... as soon as we could stick her in the water she was in heaven! Bath time is a favorite at our house!
- Mia started sleeping in her crib just shy of 5 weeks old. One night I was feeding her in our bedroom when Eric decided to clean our bathroom. While I appreciated his help, I was ticked he did it right at Mia's bedtime! The fumes were pretty strong for me, so I couldn't imagine putting Mia in her bassinet and closing the door with those fumes. I just knew she'd cry all night long being in her crib, but what else could I do? I laid her in the crib and she cried for about 5 minutes until she fell asleep. She slept amazing (I was pretty glued to the video monitor that first night, but we slept even better having her out of our room as well!) and we haven't looked back since!
- She has always been a good sleeper but every week just gets better and better! Currently, Mia goes down at 9 and wakes up between 3-4am. Feeding, burping and diaper change takes about 30 minutes and she's back in her crib. Up again between 7-8, and then again between 10-10:30. It's heaven!! I swear by the routine!
- Mia is such a cuddle bug and I LOVE it! But she's also totally content on her own. She loves to play on her play mat and the swing.She really is the best baby!
- This is weird, but Mia loves to have her nose sucked out. She smiles every time, ha ha! She also loves having her diaper changed... she never ever cries, even if the wipes are super cold! I guess she just loves to be clean :)
newborn photo by Sharley Cotter Photography it's crazy how much she has grown!
We don't know how we were blessed with such a perfect, beautiful baby girl... but Eric and I are so incredibly thankful to be Mia's parents! She is the best part of our lives and we feel as if our hearts could burst each time we look at her... she makes us SO happy!!